This time of year, everyone is making their New Year’s Resolutions.
2015 was a great year for us. We continued to steadily grow, were featured on the front cover of HERLIFE Magazine, received a call from Shark Tank, won a Whole Foods Grant and transitioned the 10c per jar we donate to those most near and dear to our hearts, foster children.
Amidst all of the good, we also learned many things that will (ultimately) change how we continue on with the business. This blog has been a place of business transparency because I believe that in today’s world that is the only way to do business.
So with the new year upon us and several (transparent) things to share, we made our own New Year’s Resolutions. Some of them are serious, and some of them are not-so-serious, but we hope you enjoy them all (and steal some of them while you’re at it).
17 Peanut Butter Resolutions for 2016
- Eat more peanut butter. Need we really even say it?
- Big retail sidelined. Where once we thought that being on every big grocery retail store in America was a priority, now has been sidelined. We still want to do big things, just in a different way. If you only buy your peanut butter from Whole Foods in Boston, the chances of you ever remaining constantly stocked with A Loving Spoon nut butter is, quite honestly, slim to none.
- Try peanut butter in new ways. Get started today with 44 Simple Peanut Butter Pairing Ideas.
- Limited production. We will have more information coming soon on this. Make sure to subscribe to our email so you are the first to know.
- Adopt our next peanut butter baby(ies). On my personal blog, I shared back in September that we are expecting, and then at the beginning of January, 2016 that the time is getting near. I have every intention of sharing bits and pieces via the Adoption Journey, and even more information on my personal blog, Sarah Kay Hoffman.
- Bake more with peanut butter. Cookies, pancakes, muffins….oh my!
- Feature more of your recipes. Um, like this delight: (Purely Cacao) Chocolate Peanut Butter Sundaes.
- Tell you all about the ingredients we use and why we use them. Example: What is Fleur De Sel?
- Give the gift of peanut butter. Who can deny a gift received from Etsy? Watch for this to evolve from us.
- More weddings, baby showers and events in general. Just look at some of the events we have done so far! Do you want in on a little secret? We have sourced an uber-cute 2oz glass jar with gold lid for all future events. More information coming on this soon as well, but please contact us soon for any and all events you are considering us helping with for 2016. We will book fast!
- Inspire all you peanut butter, savvy-Pinterest friends. Pinterest rocks! We want to inspire you more on Pinterest by creating beautiful boards and lovely images that you can come back to time and time again. We are HERE. Where are you?
- Learn that it’s okay to eat peanut butter in conjunction with other items instead of always just from the spoon. Enough said.
- Buy some new, cute spoons. This one is obvious. Nothing is better than spoon-to-jar-to-mouth except when you have a new, cute spoon to accompany the task.
- Share more Stories of Hope. We really, really love these. Please contact us if you’re ready to share your own.
- Create multiple #DailyPeanutButterTruths. Because they are funny. And true.
- Hear from more of you! If you’ve had our peanut butter, love it and/or have a story to share with us, can you please reach out via our contact form or even contact me directly (sarahkayhoffman at alovingspoon.com)?! We’d love to hear from you. You might even see your name in the peanut butter limelight.
- Go on ABC’s Shark Tank. Er, maybe, maybe not. With full transparency like this, I’m not sure they will still want me. And that’s not me making excuses. This is just me, an entrepreneur – a social entrepreneur at that – out here, in this big peanut butter world just trying to make a difference in the world, one loving spoonful at a time.
Thank you for your continued love and support. We are looking forward to some changes, to continue giving back and to charging on in our never-ending quest for the most unique, unprocessed and totally awesome peanut butter you’ve ever had.
We are looking forward to the changes, to continue giving back and to charging forward on our never-ending quest for the most unique, unprocessed and totally awesome peanut and nut butter you’ve ever had.